St Mary’s Abbey and the King’s Manor, York


Written by Barbara Wilson and Frances Mee
Published by York Archaeological Trust

St Mary’s was the foremost Benedictine Abbey in the North of England. After the dissolution of the monasteries the Abbot’s Lodging, now known as the King’s Manor, became headquarters of the King’s Council in the North; it is now part of the University of York. This lavishly-illustrated account summarises the site’s history and presents a wealth of illustrations of both historic and artistic interest.

SKU: 1637 Category:

Additional Info

Additional information

Weight 650 g